Thursday, February 9, 2012

Good Days vs. Bad Days...

Since many of you don't see Mason very often in person, I thought it might be helpful to post a few video clips comparing good days and bad days. If you are reading this blog because your child has CMS, you know what I am taking about...

Here is an example of good hour (I say this because there are days when I think Mason is having a "good day" and then things suddenly change) - Mason and Henry dancing after dinner in the living room. Mason is OBSESSED with music and musical videos. So if you are looking to cut a rug, stop by our house on a good day and you'll have two dance partners :)






And then there are the bad days... days when all Mason wants to do is sit on the couch and watch TV because he is too weak to get around. This video clip shows Mason trying to get up from the floor... on a good day he manages to do this all on his own. But on bad days, he cannot get up without assistance. In this video clip, you can see that Mason is trying hard to get up... but he simply cannot do it...



1 comment:

  1. At times, it looks like Mason is looking to use the Couch as a tool to get up. In my opinion, this is very good and a way for him to empower himself.

    With my myopathy, I often use our coffee table in the living room to push myself from a position lying on the floor to getting up.

    Good for Mason, for looking for tools. All the best to you guys!

    ReplyDelete